10 ways to adjust to living with COVID
It’s been two years since COVID was first detected, which also means the Philippines has been in quarantine for the same amount of time. Thankfully, the world seems to be getting a better hold on COVID and it no longer is as big of a threat as it used to be. Now that restrictions are being eased and borders are opening, we need to learn how to live with COVID in our daily lives. This means taking precautions to avoid getting sick, but also not letting the virus keep us from living our lives.
Here are some tips for living with COVID in the New Normal
1. Avoid close contact with people who have covid in their bodily fluids. This is not just blood, but also feces, saliva, urine, and sweat. When going to the gym, make sure to wipe down every surface with alcohol or an antiseptic before touching or using it. It’s also best to pack your own utensils when dining out or disinfect the ones in the restaurant before use.
2. If you are exposed to a person's bodily fluids (for example, through close contact or brushing against them), wash the affected area immediately with soap and water. Be sure to clean under your fingernails as well as this is where COVID could have been transmitted.
3. Wash your hands with soap and water before you prepare food, after using the bathroom, after touching the bodily fluids of another person (including children), after changing a diaper, after touching objects that have come into contact with COVID, and before eating or handling food.
4. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and avoid dehydration. Staying healthy is one of the best ways to combat COVID.
5. Get at least 8 hours of sleep a day. When our bodies are tired and sleep-deprived, it lowers our immunity, making us more susceptible to diseases. It also makes it more difficult for our bodies to fight off any infections or viruses (not just COVID) that may enter our bodies.
6. Avoid sharing food, drinks, cigarettes, or other personal items, even with your family members.
7. When heading out, choose to go to places that are well-ventilated such as outdoor restaurants and cafes, parks, and beaches. If you really must go to an indoor location, remember to always keep your mask on and to practice social distancing.
8. Don't touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if you have touched something that might be contaminated with COVID.
9. Stay informed about the latest COVID developments and take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.
10. Get protection from health insurance. Having health insurance ensures you never have to worry about the costs of check-ups, treatment, or confinement, allowing you to live your life the way you want to. Having health insurance also gives you the means to go for regular doctor’s visits, so you can spot any health conditions, including COVID, as early as possible.
Living with Covid can be challenging, but it's important not to let the virus keep us from living our lives. By following these tips, we can help reduce the spread of COVID.
What Kind of Protection Do You Need?
InLife is committed to protecting you at every stage of your life. Find out how we can help you meet your needs.